Dipl.-Kfm. Matthias Langer, LL.M.
Partner and tax consultant
- Nationality: German; married; 2 children
- Languages: German, English
- Graduate studies in economics with a focus on business tax, controlling and audit as well as law at the Catholic University of Eichstätt-Ingolstadt (graduation in 2008)
- Studies abroad at the European Business School in London with a focus on company law and accounting
- Postgraduate studies in taxation at the University of Münster – master’s thesis entitled "EU-Zinsbesteuerung: Aktuelle Entwicklungen und Problemfelder" [EU savings taxation: current developments and problem areas] published by Nomos Verlag (2010)
- Certified German tax consultant (chamber of tax consultants in Stuttgart) as of 2012
- University of Liechtenstein: in addition to working in education and advanced training, primarily involved in a project regarding international tax cooperation. The project included compiling and analysing measures to create a comprehensive tax agreement network for Liechtenstein. A main focus was placed on reviewing and analysing Tax Information Exchange Agreements (TIEA) and Double Tax Treaties (DTT) as well as adjustments of the European Savings Tax Directive. (2008–2010)
- Tax consulting company in Liechtenstein with a focus on German tax law, especially the taxation of investment income as well as inheritance and gift tax law and on Liechtenstein and international tax law (2010–2016)
- Active member of the chamber of tax consultants in Stuttgart
- Member of IFA branch in Liechtenstein
- Author of the 2013 IFA country report for the Principality of Liechtenstein entitled "Exchange of information and cross-border cooperation between tax authorities"